Monday, July 7, 2014

vintage nautical painting- my favorite find of the year

and it's only July.... but, I can honestly say this gem is in the top 3 of my most cherished picks EVER. I mean, c'mon- how often do you stumble upon a gorgeous vintage 14 foot long x 4 foot tall nautical painting on canvas??!! (it's a depiction of Hamilton Harbour, Ontario, Canada) When I brought the painting home from Toronto on the airplane, (God love Canada Airlines and their baggage crew) I was pretty intent on selling it because someone who has the proper room/wall/restaurant/bar/shop should own it so it can live in splendor for the rest of its days. But, then that thing happened where I got attached to it and couldn't bear the idea of it leaving our house. The Ballard Bunkhouse (our small Ballard home) doesn't have a fourteen foot wall to hang it on, but still... the fact remains that the painting is in my possession and if I want to go stare at it at 3am I can. So, I gently kept a couple prospective buyers at bay. (as a general rule, this is an awful way to conduct business but I was in love. I was consumed.) However, I'm feeling the guilt of hoarding such a beautiful piece of art work in the basement where it never gets the full attention and love it deserves, and am again feeling compelled to sell.  If you or someone you know is interested in seeing this beaut, give me a shout. sarahjanelittlefield@gmail.com The photo doesn't do it justice at all, but you can get a general idea of the subject matter- boats, seas, birds, an industrial Hamilton skyline, and an old airplane (that somehow got left out of the photos). It's hard to get a good shot of a 14' long painting, but, trust me- it's breathtakingly gorgeous and needs to be out in the world for people to appreciate. The pacific northwest seems like the perfect fit. Thanks, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment